Weekly, the City administration posts notice of the meetings scheduled for the following week. ACCESS THE WEEKLY WARNINGS.
WARNING: Public Hearing—Pre-Town Meeting
Monday, March 4, 2019 7 pm
The voters of the City of South Burlington and the South Burlington School District are hereby notified and warned that a public hearing on articles to be voted on by Australian ballot will be held at 7 pm on Monday, March 4, 2019 at Frederick H. Tuttle Middle School, 500 Dorset Street, South Burlington, Vermont.
- 7:00 pm City Budget Presentation and Discussion
- 7:30 pm School Budget Presentation and Discussion
- 8:00 pm School Board Candidate Forum
- 8:20 pm City Council Candidate Forum
WARNING: Public Hearing—Annual City Meeting
Tuesday, March 5, 2019 7 am - 7 pm
The legal voters of the City of South Burlington are hereby notified and warned to meet at their respective polling places at the Chamberlin School on White Street, the Frederick H. Tuttle Middle School on Dorset Street, and the Orchard School on Baldwin Avenue on Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 7 o’clock in the forenoon, at which time the polls will open until 7 o’clock in the evening, at which time the polls will close, to vote by Australian Ballot on the following articles:
- Article I Election of Officers
- Article II Approval of City Budget
- Article III City Charter Amendment I: Limited purpose sales, rooms, meals, and alcoholic beverages tax
- Article IV City Charter Amendment II: Short-term car rental highway infrastructure and emergency services tax
- Article V Raise Age for Purchase of Tobacco Products (non-binding)
Polling locations: Chamberlin School, Orchard School and F.H. Tuttle Middle School
Early voting at City Clerk's office at 575 Dorset Street, M-F 8 to 4:30. Ends Monday, March 4 at noon.
WARNING: Public Hearing—City Ordinance Codification Project
The legal voters of the City of South Burlington are hereby notified and warned that a public hearing will be held at the South Burlington City Hall, 575 Dorset Street, South Burlington, Vermont on Monday, March 18, 2019 at 7:30 P.M. for a second reading for proposed amendment or repeal of four City ordinances.
As part of the City’s ordinance codification project, one superseded ordinance was discovered in the land records and is recommended for repeal. Two other ordinances are recommended for update and amendment. The fourth ordinance is amended as identified below.
- Emergency Management Ordinance – Adopted in 1995, this ordinance has since been largely duplicated by state law and is warned for repeal.
- Motor Vehicle and Traffic Ordinance – Adopted in 1958, this ordinance, amended at least 18 times, is warned to repeal and to adopt a new ordinance in form that provides the Council flexibility to amend street sign locations, speed limits, etc. by resolution.
- Parking Ordinance – Along with the repeal of the 1958 Motor Vehicle and Traffic Ordinance, this proposed ordinance creates a standalone parking ordinance that will provide for general parking prohibitions in the City; a uniform schedule of fines; and, administrative appeal process.
- Conduct in Parks Ordinance – Proposed amendment to require that dogs in Jaycee Park be required to be under owner control by a leash no longer than six feet at all times within the park.
A copy of each ordinance with the proposed amendments is available on the City’s website or upon request at the City Clerk’s office, South Burlington City Hall, 575 Dorset Street.